Monday, January 31, 2011

What does the day feel like to you?

I have always been acutely aware of how the day feels. The days that I love more than anything are the days that start off with cold warmth, I'm sure everyone has felt it before, when the whole world is just cold enough to make you wear a light jacket but the sun shines through and gives the occasional sweeping warm wind that gives the sweet intoxication of morning. The clouds should be a rosy pink to a light tangerine and the sun should peak through the windows of the house while I drink my morning coffee. The day isn't just something that you describe how its going, today its a mellow dusting of sunlight and chill and hopeful clouds. When my family is all together downstairs making their morning ruckus and I complain about something or other, but its only to offset the Happy Family vibe. I constantly notice small things that most others wouldn't notice like how my brother feels the need to take up the whole couch and then have the audacity to play the "I'm the bird" card. The Bird Card is basically when he acts like mommas  little boy card, not cool.

I take my time to enjoy how the day opens its arms to the world and unveil all its amazing wonders, wonders such as the beautiful beams of yellow happiness that kisses my cheeks as I gaze at the day. The laughter that I feel when I compare my strange morning state to the rest of the world who seem to pass by it and not acknowledge it at all. I hope for the day, and I fear for what may and may not come. I fear that I will not fulfill the day as it was meant to be fulfilled, that I am not worthy of the glorious beauty that is life, and yet here I am, being given the gift of the morning every day. That must be why the flower that only blooms in the morning is called a morning Glory, because of how glorious the day is, so early and new. Good morning, beautiful, time to show us what you've got, because today is the day for it, because today will never come again, however there is always the prospect of tomorrow, and I'm sure its going to be great  :)

- Love always, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment