Friday, January 14, 2011

Where's the damn coffee??

No alarm for me, a whisper and a shake
I lay half awake, and think to myself there had better be some coffee
I should know better, after you wake me up you go back to sleep, no coffee for me
I lay half awake, knowing I should get up, but I don't, there is no coffee
You knock on the wall thinking I am not conscious, but I am
I get up, tripping dazedly over my messy crowded room and somehow landing in my jeans
I walk down the stairs and through the still sleeping house
waking it up with the occasional surrogate sunlight of a lamp
In the kitchen is where I stand, looking into this empty cup in my hand
An empty coffee pot is what i see, where in the hell is the coffee?

What motivates anyone to get up in the morning? for me it is coffee and the assurance of learning something from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment