Monday, August 16, 2010

16 page books, SPF 100, and Cow udders

What exactly inspires someone to blog? I don't know what your reason is but mine is because I love to write. I love to write so much that once when my English teacher asked my class to write a 5 paragraph thriller story I wrote the 5 paragraphs, just in a sixteen page form. He didn't even grade the paper he just sent it right back with a little note written in the corner that read "I asked for 5 paragraphs, NOT A BOOK. re-write in five paragraphs...OR TEN"             After that I refused to re-write it, it had description, a well thought out setting and plot. And I was NOT going to cut any of it out. Besides if I had cut any of it out then how would you understand the thriller? But aside from my abnormally long paper, I've decided to blog because I'm a writer of everything, I write about my life in a diary, but the other day something that my dad said hit me he said, "What is the point of writing in a diary, because someone always gets mad when they read it." But here's what got to me, I LET people read my diary. I like knowing that someone can know my thoughts and read them. I like that someone wants to know what I'm thinking. That's why my diary is in plain sight in my room, not hidden.         
But the only way that I figured that I could get someone to read anything that I wrote other than have my friends give me constructive criticism over my work was to either write an actual book, or put my thoughts where people were, that's where my moms idea came in "why don't you write a blog?" My mom is an artist blogger and she is always constantly writing about what set shes painting or who's children shes gonna paint and just blogging about our family. And so I thought that maybe I should too. So this is going to be my online diary. Read me if you want but if I'm too boring well then go somewhere else. 

Dear Diary,      
On Saturday I went on a boat with my boyfriend and his family, it was a lot of fun but i was extremely concerned about getting sun burn, because I'm so white that I glow, so every thirty minutes I was slapping on my Banana Boat SPF 100 and rubbing it vigorously into my skin though guess what? I got home that night with the fire engine red complexion that I had been dreading.         So what did I do? I went searching for some lotion, aloe vera, anything that would help. Finally I found some aloe vera gel and i was smothering myself in the stuff and I mean SMOTHERING. My little sister Rowan came home from playing at our neighbors house  and looked at me and yelled, "Hannah what is that green stuff all over your face!!?" then I had to explain that I had gotten sunburn and was rubbing aloe vera gel on me to make it feel better. Oh and I forgot to mention, my name is Hannah Madolyn, normally I go without my middle name though my middle name is my favorite part of my name. So anyway, after that later on my mom comes over to me and asks me if  i want milk to put on my  face and well I just thought to myself "weeell it couldn't hurt" so i said sure. then she brings me this bowl full of milk with a wash cloth in it and shes looks at me then says, "do you want me to do it for you?" I turned around and puffed my face out and said, "I can do it myself I'm a big girl!" yes i know how childish, but any way so i put the milk drenched cloth on my face and all the sudden this is what you hear from me and my momma.
Me: Ahhh it smells like cow udders
Momma: keep it on your face it will help
Me: *sniff sniff* poor baby cows
Momma: What?
Me: their mommies smell like this, thats SO EMBARRASSING!!

Thank you for reading my first post whoever you are  (^-^)

No comments:

Post a Comment