Thursday, August 26, 2010

And I sigh

I can't sleep because all I think about is your smile. I lie awake thinking about how these blankets seem so cold compared to your arms around me. I want to speak by have nothing to say I want to listen but I don't hear the sound. I look around but everything feels empty without you. Where is the warm yellow glow of the afternoon and the smile on your face that would immediately turn into concern the minute that I would sigh. Oh a sigh, one of relief and happiness, taking in sweet air that smells of lavender and grass. I let out the lavender air and all my negative energy flows outward and is absorbed into the world around me. This is my wonderland I am Alice though I do not seek any white rabbit I seek the peace and refuge of memories of a place that I am not sure even exists but I have memories of it. You and me are laying in a field of grass, lavender, daisies and golden sunshine that flows though the trees caressing our faces, you do not know that I have taken you with me to this enchanted place deep into the recesses of my mind. Though there you are, your strong hands gripping the grass between your grasping fingers reminding me of an infant that has just discovered their hands, waving, grasping, clutching, holding. You reach out and pull me closer, taking my hand and place it over your heart. Your heart beating like a drum, I tap out th rhythim and make the lyrics. The lyrics sound like a deep sigh of lavender and grass in a meadow far away. I blink and here I am again looking next to me there you are looking concerned about my sighing and you ask me what's wrong. I simply answer, happiness and yellow meadows

No comments:

Post a Comment