Friday, August 27, 2010

child star triple threats and californication

Are you talented? I bet you are in one form or another, and who hasn't ever wanted to be famous? Of course everyone has wanted to be famous in one form or another. And something about the world that really pisses me off is the fact that if you ever want to get famous you need the triple threat, singing, dancing, and acting. There is no such thing as specialized talents anymore, like back in the good old days you could just be a singer and get far or just be a dancer and people realize you by name or be in a movie and not have to sing and dance along with it. I've noticed this I have also figured out that some people that want to make it big always promise themselves that they wont take any short cuts and that they wont do anything that is "bunny worthy" but many think, oh well its only for a while, its temporary. But after that they are permanently marked as a "bunny" or "center fold". , its just I wanted to write about this because I was listening to the song "Hollywood is not America" and "Californication" and it made me really think , this is so true, so many girls think that if you want to make it big anywhere in the world that you have to sell yourself to the public, though nobody should ever have to drop that low. In my opinion if you ever want to make it big anywhere you just have to be bold, and out there, your personality must be outstanding and you must be likeable or else your not gonna get anywhere.
Another thing, Disney Channel child stars, okay there has not been one show that I have ever watched on that channel when at least one character per show also sings or dances. I mean REALLY!? I especially hate Miley Cyrus because you know that the only reason she even got the job was because the people who cast the show knew that her dad was Billy Ray Cyrus and they were just like, "Hey two birds one stone, Miley can you make your daddy be your daddy on the show too? oh well thats great thanks darlin'" and I absolutely hate that show because when you watch it Miley's voice just grates on my nerves like you would not believe and also because she acts terrible on the show and my little sister would watch it and imitate her and it made her rude for a while, THANK GOD THAT WE GOT RID OF CABLE!!! But other than Miley Cyrus I don't think that I actually mind anyone else because  everyone else can actually sing. Though its just annoying that you need to know how to sing and dance to be on the shows, though Im not much of a fan of Demi Lavato either I mean her singing is so-so but I have no clue why but I got pissed off when her gap magically disappeared maybe its because I have a gap that wont go away but aside from that it just pissed me off. And the only person that I actually don't mind at all on Disney is Selena Gomez, because she can actually sing really well, dance nicely, and she is good at acting though she usually plays a sarcastic person though she does it well. Who knew? Anyway moving on
In my opinion when you are an actress act like one, project your voice, talk with your hands, eye contact. Dancers don't walk, pirouette, twirl, move your feet, make people want to watch .
Singers, do what you do best, sing, fill an empty space with your notes and make your trip at the mall seem like your best performance at Albert Hall.
And most of all just smile, and be yourself because you cannot do better than being yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment