Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sirens songs

Okay I just went outside on the deck again and the clouds had cleared some and it let the moon shine directly on the water. And I suddenly realized something, have you ever heard about how sailors have supposedly been lead to their deaths by sirens songs? Okay I just realized that when I was looking at the moon on the water that I swear to dear baby Jesus that I could hear singing and I wasn't even plugged into my Ipod. I stared at the waves come in and I saw the moon shining and I felt like I wanted to go in the water. Though my more rational side of my mind reminded me that going into the ocean at night is like a death wish, but I still wanted to go. Its almost like if you stare at the ocean too long that you want to become part of it. So in my own opinion I believe that "sirens" are actually the ocean and the moon who want to lure those who are eager for the waves and the feel of water running through your hair, your fingers. Everything free and hazy, everything so close and so far away. You know where you are but have absolutely no clue. The feeling was frightening and intriguing, I wanted it but was aware of its wrongness.

In fact when I was little my cousin and me were both always aware of things that were out of the ordinary, we both believed in fairies and witches and mermaids. We always knew that there is something mystical about life. We used to pretend to be witches in her backyard and we would have a big bowl that was our cauldron and we would pick clovers and every single piece of vegetation that was around and make it into some sort of potion. And when we were at the pool or in a lake or anywhere with water we would be mermaids and would swim with our legs "glued" together and we would go into the house and use scarves and pieces of cloth as materials to make our "tails". And every single time that we ever played "make believe" I somehow knew that some sort of mystical truth could be behind it. Like sirens who lure people to their deaths who sing such sweet songs that the victim could not resist and would continue to swim deeper and deeper into the depths of the sea and the song. Eventually finding the song in the sweet swolling ocean, pushing and pulling all at once. Finding what the true meaning of the song means and knowing that its too late to change their fate.

                                              Love of the sea, love of the sea
                                              My dear never wander too near
                                              When the moon is high and the waves brake
                                               The Sirens call to those who awake
                                               They hear the call and they cannot stop
                                               The song is so sweet that the sea comes with a swift chop
                                              Nothing else matters, I really don't care
                                              Then I enter the Sirens lair
                                              The warmth is cold and the cold is warm
                                              Then my last bit of air bubbles out in a swarm
                                               Its too late now, my heart too weak
                                              The sirens have found the weak one they seek
                                              Never heed a Sirens call
                                              Or else too the seas you shall fall

No comments:

Post a Comment